I have become increasingly involved in efforts to reduce secondhand smoke exposure and overall smoking prevalence since 2004. I played a crucial role in working with the Vancouver Parks’ Board towards the 2010 Smoke-free Parks and Beaches Bylaw.
More recent efforts have included working towards smoke-free multi-unit dwellings including meeting with municipal and provincial representatives, letter writing (including for the affected plaintiffs in a 2012 successful BC Human Rights Tribunal case), several media interviews, and a publication. My efforts in this regard are supported by Vancouver Coastal Health Tobacco Control, and Physicians for a Smoke-free Canada, both of which I keep in close contact with.
1. SH Kreisman Smoking v. Nicotine. CMAJ 2012, 184(2): 214. (letter).
2. SH Kreisman. Toward Smoke-free Multi-unit Dwellings. BCMJ Oct 2011, 53 (8): 400-1,426. (premise)
3. A Moran et al (the CFRD Therapy Study Group). InsulinTherapy to improve BMI in Cystic fibrosis-related Diabetes without fasting hyperglycemia. (Results of the CFRD Therapy Trial). Diab Care 2009; 32: 1783-8.
4. RJ Miller, HD Tildesley, PG Wilcox, H Zhang, SH Kreisman. Sex Disparities in effects of cystic-fibrosis related diabetes on clinical outcomes: A matched study. Can Respir J. 2008; 15(6), 291-4.
5. KMN Lee, RJH Miller, FM Rosenberg, SH Kreisman. Evaluation of Glucose Tolerance in Cystic Fibrosis: Comparison of 50g and 75g tests. J of CF 2007; 6:274-6.
6. JL Swinburne, SH Kreisman. A Rare Case of Subacute Thyroiditis Causing Thyroid Storm. Thyroid 2007; 17(1), 73-76.